Business Intelligence, Data Warehouse/ETL Concepts
- Data Warehouse Concepts, Design.
- Need of Data Warehouse.
- Approaches in DWH?
A) The Top-Down Approach B) The Bottom-Up Approach
- Introduction to OLTP, ETL and OLAP Systems.
- Data Warehousing Architecture.
- Dimensional Modeling.
- Data Marts and ODS.
- Star Schema and Snowflake Schema.
- SCD (slowly changing dimension).
- Types of Fact and Dimension Tables.
ETL Procedures, Testing Methodologies and Techniques
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Software Test Life Cycle (STLC)
- ETL Testing Workflow Process
- Introduction to ETL Testing
- Need of ETL Testing
- Phases of Software Testing
- Different Testing Methodologies
- Responsibilities of ETL/DWH Tester
- Test Cases design in ETL Testing
- Process of Reporting Bugs/Defects in ETL Testing
- Preparation of ETL Test Plan
SQL/ PL SQL Concepts (Testing Oriented)
- DBMS vs RDBMS
- Why Database Required?
- Oracle Architecture
- Basic Admin Activities
- Data Types
- SQL sub queries, Correlated sub query
- Inner query, Outer query
- Functions and Types and importance
- Joins and different types
- Views & Materialized views
- Stored Procedures
- Minus Query
- Count Query
Tools comparison, Best Practices and FAQs.
- ETL Tools and Comparison
- Databases and Comparison
- Reporting Tools and Comparison
- Informatica (ETL Tools) Overview
- Informatica Transformations, Functionalities, Rules and Techniques
- Creating of Mappings, Sessions, Workflows
- Running of Mappings, Sessions, Workflows
- Analyzing of Mappings, Sessions, Workflows
- Real-time Scenarios
- Deployment Process
- Project Experience
- Interview Based Discussion